Violence of any sort has many roots. Sometimes there are warning signs of workplace violence, but this is not always the case. It is up to us to learn whatever we can to prevent, identify, and mitigate any threats, and this comprehensive content includes everything a workplace leader needs to get started.
- Know your own team member roles and responsibilities.
- Understand ways to be an effective team member.
- Know how it feels to experience change and know your level of change tolerance.
- Understand ways to be flexible in times of change.
- Know what a problem is and ways to approach problem solving.
- Recognise the self-fulfilling prophecy and its relevance to their work.
- Appreciate the variety of behaviours that characterise resourcefulness in the workplace.
- Identify tips to giving and receiving feedback.
- Realise the uses of feedback to increase their strengths as leaders in the workplace.
- Recognise self-confident behaviours in the workplace.
- Utilise a three-step process to building your own self-confidence.
- Apply a number of group methods for creative thinking.
- Recount the history of social and emotional intelligence theory.
- Define Daniel Goleman’s five sets of social and emotional competencies and correlate them to workplace experiences.