Few people choose training and development while they are still in school, and yet there are talented and knowledgeable trainers working in every industry. Some individuals become trainers because they are passionate about sharing their knowledge and about helping people. Others become trainers because their employer asks them to get involved in mentoring, training, or coaching new or existing employees. Trainers also get started when they want to make some changes to their daily activities, but wish to continue contributing to a particular organisation or industry.
If you are thinking about becoming a trainer, or have started doing some training already and want to know more about what will help you to become an excellent trainer, this workshop will help. This content is designed as an exploration of the essential skills that trainers need to develop, and to get you started in the learning process in an interactive and fun environment.
- The essential background for trainers to have
- How being genuine enhances training
- The elements of good questions
- How to apply listening skills
- Rapport building strategies
- The key skills in a trainer’s toolbox
- How to identify skill areas for development