Project management is no longer only for mega projects worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. Small projects can benefit from project management tools. Statements of Work, Work and Resource Breakdown Structures and Project Planning documents can help you to get that small project done well, under budget, and on time. This workshop is not intended for those looking to be certified as project managers but rather for those who complete projects at work from time to time.
In this content, we will gain experience using the most common project management planning tools and will completely plan a case study project from Statement of Work through Work and Resource Breakdown, Scheduling and end up with a completed Project Planning Worksheet. Your small projects will be more successful than ever!
- Understand what is meant by a project
- Distinguish between a Project Charter and Statement of Work (SOW)
- Use a SOW to begin project planning
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure to determine tasks needed to complete a small project
- Create a project schedule based on project tasks and resources
- Create a Resource Breakdown Structure to determine specific resources needed to complete a small project
- Complete a Project Planning Worksheet to act as a touchstone for project completion