Understanding how to manage the knowledge within your organisation is the key to business success. Mismanagement of organisational knowledge comes with a price: frustrated employees, angry customers, and decreased productivity. All of these things can affect a business’ bottom line. The purpose behind knowledge management is to help us bridge organisational gaps and to use our greatest asset (our knowledge) to take our business performance to the next level. The theory of knowledge management has emerged to help us harness and enhance both the individual and collective brain power of our businesses. This content will introduce participants to knowledge management tips, techniques, and proven processes.
- Define knowledge and knowledge management.
- Explain the difference between explicit and tacit knowledge.
- Identify various knowledge management theoretical models.
- Explain how a properly implemented knowledge management program can improve efficiency.
- Describe the steps for employing a new knowledge management program in an organisation.
- Identify the required components for implementing a knowledge management framework within an organisation.