Interviewing sounds easy enough: you arrange for a conversation between you and potential candidates, and then select the best person for a particular position. But what if you could refine the process in such a way that you were confident that you are selecting the right person? How do you separate the good from the great, when they have similar work experience and strengths to offer? This content will give you the skills and tools to hire successful candidates.
- Recognise the costs incurred by an organisation when a wrong hiring decision is made.
- Develop a fair and consistent interviewing process for selecting employees.
- Prepare better job advertisements and use a variety of markets.
- Be able to develop a job analysis and position profile.
- Use traditional, behavioural, achievement oriented, holistic, and situational (critical incident) interview questions.
- Enhance communication skills that are essential for a skilled recruiter.
- Effectively interview difficult applicants.
- Check references more effectively.
- Understand the basic employment and human rights laws that can affect the hiring process.