This online ‘Falls Prevention’ content will provide candidates with the skills to identify the complex factors which may lead to a fall. To reduce the risk of falling it is important to recognise these factors
People fall because of a complex mix of factors. To reduce falling, it is important to identify these factors, and recognise those that could signify serious, but treatable, underlying medical problems.
- Understand costs and implications of falls on patients, their families and organisations
- Recognise falls risk factors
- Recognise who is at risk of falls and injury
- Recognise importance of bone health in relation to falls risk
- Understand roles other staff play in fall prevention
- Understand what to do in the event of a patient falling